Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Haiku Frenzy!*

A couple of days ago, I had a sudden burst of haiku creativity. Therefore, here is my trip to date, boiled down to it's essential elements.

These four are from last month at Tassajara...


"Kitten in a Blender"
You make me feel like
a kitten in a blender.
Grind up, rinse, repeat.


"Wake-Up Bell"
Before breaking dawn,
DING! DING! DING! DING! sprints down path.
Stupid wake-up bell


"Fooky Promotion"
I am Fukuten
Wash this! Chop that! Umpon-woo!
Feed monks' appetites


 "Oh Shit this is gonna fuck my car up And How!"
 Out of the Valley
 cursing the dappled sunlight
skewing rock-rut view


"Greyhound Blowjob"
Young meth addicts meet
in the back of the Greyhound.
blowjob soon ensues...




And onward to thailand...
"Ode to Keens"
oh I love my Keens
homely red potato feet
 cushioning my world


"Dogs in Clothes"
Back here in Chiang Mai,
dogs still wearing clothes so as
not to be eaten.


"Monkeys Suck and Here's Why"
Lopburi monkeys
attack! Pineapple war zone!
Victory: Jingles


"Gypsy Grandma"
 Gypsy grandmother
waves magic crystal pen o'er
scooter-broken foot


"The Yucks"
Yucks flock to Siam
Dirty old men cruise Thai whores
to get their yucks sucked


"Talking Bones"
Gypsy grandma says:
heed the talking buddha bone
haunting Doi Suthep


Bone or no bone, I'm going to rock some white clothes and meditate for 10 days at the end of the month at Doi Suthep:

http://www.doisuthep.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1&lang=en


Meanwhile, after a week in Chiang Mai, Penny and I are heading up to Chiang Rai tomorrow to check out the scene and visit an orphanage up there, then bound for Pai.
Pai-ku will surely ensue.


Well, that about brings us up to date. Pics to follow just as soon as I figure out how the hell to use a computer...

xo,
jingles



*Apologies in advance to all you haiku "must-mention-the-seasons-in-every-poem" purists.

4 comments:

  1. Come to think of it, I have felt less inclined to eat dogs that wear sweaters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jean-Marie Jingles
    I really like your haikus
    My heart is laughing

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi jingle we miss you! xxooxo jennifer

    ReplyDelete