need more than an 8 second ride
That has absolutely nothing to do with anything, but I think it's really funny. Very few people bother to read the fine print, so it's kind of a private joke between me and the shirt...
In other news, we have successfully and lazily lazed the days away on the island of Don Det in Si Phan Don; meanwhile, in the outside world it seems chaos was erupting all around...
Here are a few burning questions:
* What the hell is happening in the Koreas??!!?
* How did 410 people get trampled to death in Phnom Penh?!?!
* Will Haiti ever catch a break?!?
* When the time comes, will P and I be able to fly back home on our chosen airline (Korea Air - ha!) or will complete chaos reign?!?
* Should we start immediately procuring alternative passports that do NOT contain the words United, States, or America? Not a popular people, are we...a Lao guy I met called China a tiger waiting to pounce, and I'm pretty sure who's gonna be the pouncees!
* Will we make it to the end of 2012, when magical sparkly fairy dust will gently-yet-with-great-intention sprinkle from the heavens and make it all peachy keen?!?
All these questions and more will be answered on the next episode of
"What The Fuck!!??!!?"
We had braced ourselves a rough trip - 10 hours in a shitty bus on partially paved pothole factories (euphemistically called "roads") to get to our destination. Cambodian time-keeping is apparently a bit different, äs we arrived 18 hours later after an absolutely absurd series of events which I do not wish to relive at the moment. The final tuk-tuk race to the guest house was a Death Race 2000 cluster fuck (we lost the race and had to root around for somewhere to stay at 2:00 in the mofo morning!)
All I have to say about this is: private jet, private jet, private jet, oh what wouldn't I do for a private jet! (if anyone out there's got one laying around, feel free to send it on over, yo).
I am now safe and sound and going to go lounge around by the pool (!) with a mango lassi and finally start reading Siddhartha!
C'mon, Whirled Peas!
...keep it crispy...