Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Truck Stops, Boob Jobs, Hot Dogs and Pee

Hello Friends!

When last we spoke, I was chicken sitting and counting the days until blastoff.

Finally, after much preparation and a satisfying series of goodbyes, I am on the road and well on my way to destination Zen...in fact, at this very moment I am sitting in a coffee shop in Lompoc, California.

In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit that it's a Starbucks, but cut me some slack here, people...I have no idea where I am (yet).

Lompoc is Here
 I left Austin on Monday, drove 16 hours straight, and then discovered the wonders of a little thing called Rest Stops. Did you know that you can park at a rest stop and actually stay there as long as you like and sleep?
True story.

And it looks like this...
Man, I love my Honda Fit. The front seat folds down flush with the back seat, creating a completely comfortable and functional bed. Mix in a little down comforter action, soft pillows, and high thread-count sheets and you got yourself a luxury sleeping scene, folks!

I actually spent a few hours in LA yesterday afternoon, and it was everything I'd imagined and more...grotesquely opulent, decadent, seedy, plastic, boob-jobby, desperate-and-down-at-the-heely, traficky conglomeration of towns with no cohesive identity. The most notable trait in the more upscale neighborhoods  was that everyone was checking everyone else out, seeing and being seen.

Whatever.

I went to Beverly Hills and drove down Rodeo Drive, into Hollywood and up the Sunset Strip, down to Melrose, had a hot dog at Pink's (I had to do something famous-ish) where I spotted what may or may not have been some superhipster rock stars emerging from a BMW, through Brentwood, Venice and then got the hell out of there.
Glad I went, Glad I left.

Last night I drove up Highway 1 until it got dark, pulled into El Capitan state beach and slept in the Fit-bed until morning. I've been waking up really early in California time, so I was up and on the road before the booth people even got back to work...

One more thing before I leave you:

My new best friend...
Christmas is coming, y'all!

        pStyle!
             pStyle!!
                    pStyle!!!



http://www.thepstyle.com/pages/pstyle


 
love,
jingles
xoxoxo




6 comments:

  1. We love the beginning of your adventure! Looking forward to updates! Mama Werst keeps the Lady J on-hand for road trips or write your name in the snow. http://www.campmor.com/lady-j.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Queen Marie! I was in California while you were saying goodbye. I did think of you.
    It looks like you are having such a great trip! Man...I so love Ca. weather.
    Thanks for reminding me of the P Style. I am awaiting your video demonstration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds very cool so far. Enjoy destination Zen, perhaps much needed after how many years at HH. BTW, sorry to burst any bubbles ladies, but I heard of a study 10 yrs ago that correlated women peeing upright w/later incontinence. Something about the bladder not sitting on the pelvis floor....I don't know. Take it w/a grain. Cara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I miss ya already lady! Can't wait to see ya at in ol' San Fran!!

    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  5. Coherent description of LA! Great post JM. I'm glad you are on the road, that kind of traveling is the best. Keep marking your territory as you go. Dont know if you have tried the Lady J, but campers the world over have depended on her for years.

    http://media.weirduniverse.net/lady_j.jpg

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr. Hoo Hoo approves of erect expulsions. Poo-poo to the naysayers. Make it so, number one.

    ReplyDelete